- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 3 jalapeño, minced (for spice, optional)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, salsa, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, oregano and paprika. Stir and saute for 5 minutes, until onions have become translucent.
- Add can of black beans (do not drain), stir and bring to a simmer. If you’d like the beans to be a bit more soupy, add in some water or broth until the consistency is to your liking.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and salt.