- 4 peaches, peeled and diced or use frozen equivlent
- 1/2 diced sweet onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- 6 habanero peppers, stems removed and cut in half
Combine all ingredients, except the habanero peppers in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer 5 minutes.
Add peppers and simmer 1 more minute. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture in the saucepan until smooth. Or use a blender, but let the mixture cool for 15 minutes first.
Let cool completely and bottle in sauce jars or mason jars. Store in refrigerator. It should be good for several months.
Note: You will need gloves to cut the habanero peppers. You do NOT want the insides of the peppers coming in contact with your skin. Handle them as little as possible.